ABOUT WOD ON THE WAVES
WOD on the Waves the Ultimate Fitness Cruise is a community event where fitness lovers, families and friends go to workout, learn from leaders in the health and wellness industry, and vacation in an incredible atmosphere surrounded by like-minded people! 2020 will feature an amazing list of athletes and coaches, a massive expansion in workout sessions and workout variety, dozens of educational seminars, all paired with a tropical vacation aboard the luxurious Celebrity Infinity. This is something that you cannot afford to miss!!!!
Take advantage of the warm weather and arrive to the Miami area a day or two before the cruise (April 14 or 15th) so you can experience all that Miami has to offer. This will help you avoid missing the ship’s departure due to flight delays, cancellations or weather issues.
Miami International Airport (MIA) to Port of Miami – 8.5 miles: 30 Minutes
Ft. Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL) to Port of Miami – 30 miles: 50 Minutes*
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) to Port of Miami – 70 miles: 85 Minutes*
To the Port of Miami from South Florida area hotels:
Downtown Miami Hotels – approx. 5 miles or 15 minutes
Brickell Miami Hotels – approx. 5 miles or 15 minutes Miami Beach Hotels – approx. 10 miles or 30 minutes
Ft. Lauderdale Hotels – approx. 35 miles or 75 minutes
* Please note that the above time and route calculations are approximate and can vary, especially depending on time of day. We STRONGLY encourage you to check traffic considerations before planning departure to Port of Miami. It’s South Florida – everyone wants to be here so expect delays. If you want to learn more about the Port of Miami, click here.
On WOW 2020, the ship is our gym! We will have 8+ dedicated workout areas that will be running a “workout of the day” at their location all day. There will be open gym times, special workout events, as well as special surprises. We will have sandbag workouts, dumbbells, kettlebells, bodyweight, technique classes, pull up rig classes, yoga, bootcamp and workouts from Tone House and Strong New York!
After the feedback from 2019 cruise, 2020 WOD on the Waves is bringing even more coaches and more seminars! Chris Hinshaw will be back by popular demand and will be joined by two of the top coaches in the world. Power Monkey Fitness owners Chad Vaughn (US Olympic weightlifter) and Dave Durante (US Olympic gymnast) will be collaborating with Hinshaw to bring you the most robust information and seminars available on and off land. We are excited to have them, among many others to be announced coming on board with us this year. Stay tuned for more announcements.
Hey fitness friends! Get ready for the vacation of a lifetime. We kick off the party in Miami and then sail to Nassau, Bahamas. Want more? From Nassau, we sail to the uber-luxurious private island of CocoCay.
Day 1: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Does boarding the ship and finding your stateroom count as a workout? Maybe! The ship sets sail at 6:00 pm on Thursday, April 16th. More details regarding exact boarding times will be sent to guests with confirmed reservations closer to sailing. Onward!
Day 2: NASSAU, BAHAMAS
Our first stop will be Nassau, and like last year, we will be working out with our friends at Happy Hour Crossfit to get our barbell sessions in for the trip! In addition to the HHCF workouts, we will be offering a number of vacation excursions on the island – enjoy snorkeling trips to relaxing on the spectacular grounds of Atlantis.
Day 3: COCOCAY
The island’s over $250 million renovations is complete and the island is the MOST amazing vacation oasis, including:
- Thrill Waterpark*
- The largest wave pool in the Caribbean, plus eight waterslides, including the highest waterslide in North America
- Adventure pool with a rock wall, floating lily pads and swing ropes (guests under 48″ must wear life vests
- Oasis Lagoon – The Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool with three swim-up islands with in-water seating, a swim-up bar, and underwater music!
- Captain Jill’s Galleon – A splash-worthy ship loaded with slides, water cannons, and more.
- Splashaway Bay – Five waterslides, fountains, pools, and massive drench buckets (max height for slides: 42″)
- Zip Line Takeoff* – Soar over the island on this wild ride!
- Chill Island – All your beach day favorites are here: loungers, clear waters and power sands
- Harbor Beach – Kickback to the sounds of the waterfall and fountain, on this sandy beach surrounding Harbor Lagoon.
- Up, Up, and Away* – A 10-minute helium balloon experience takes up to 30 guests up 450 feet into the sky!
- Chill Grill, Skipper’s Grill, and Snack Shack – Complimentary beachside BBQ, fresh salads, tacos, burgers, and more!
Day 4: DAY AT SEA
You’ll need to save your energy for this day! We will start early with an array of workouts and continue throughout the day with various classes, experiences and poolside fun!
Day 5: RETURN TO MIAMI, FL
Sadly, the cruise has to end when the ship pulls into port at 7:00 am. But follow WOD on the WAVES on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to see photos and video from the cruise!